Wednesday 21 January 2015

WOWW

Crikey - three days blogging in a row.  Anyone would think I had nothing else to do!  Well, of course, I have, but it's cold and frosty outside and nice and warm in here with the wood-burner going... nuff said!

It's been a long time since I joined in with What's On your Worktable Wednesday (22nd October 2014 to be precise) but here I am again, and I'll try to post more regularly now.

At present I'm making some socks for Dan's daughter, Anna.  I haven't met her yet, but Dan tells me she wears a size 6 shoe. I hope he's right!  I've completed one sock so far...

First sock

...in this rather bright DROPS Fabel Print yarn, which, apparently, she will love! The colour is the creatively-named Shade 901!

I seem to have lost my 2.75 circular needles, so I'm making these on 2.5mm circulars, and I'm a bit worried they are somewhat skinny.  But I think she's quite slender, so I'm hoping for the best.

The pattern is one I designed, with a slight laceyness (is that the right spelling?), though easy to do and quick to knit up.  (Always a bonus).

Lace pattern expanded

I also did a bit of spinning the other day...

Spinning the green

...and have plied the yarn with a DMC mercerised cotton thread.  Not sure what I'll make with it...

Green handspun, Jan 2015

...but it'll be very green!

On a different topic, I've been listening to a couple of excellent Podcasts - Knitsonik from Felicity Ford (9 episodes recorded so far)

Knitsonik

and a brand new one from Libby of Truly Myrtle.

Truly myrtle podcast

I found both fascinating!

I like to listen to my podcasts through iTunes, and then the latest podcast will automatically download whenever I open the programme. I also route the sound through an external speaker, to get a better quality of sound than that given by the teeny, tiny speakers built in to my laptop.  But, for some reason, I can't get the Truly Myrtle one into iTunes, so I have to watch it on YouTube.  I can still listen via my external speaker, but I don't get an automatic update this way.  I guess I'll solve the problem eventually - maybe it's because the podcast is so new...

Anyway, have a listen and see what you think.

4 comments:

MarneyMay said...

Love the sock and I am sure Anna will too
Cheers Pauline

MarneyMay said...

Love the sock and I am sure Anna will too
Cheers Pauline

Sharon said...

Those socks are lovely, such pretty colours...I'm sure they'll go down very well with the recipient :)
Hugs Sharon x

Clicky Needles said...

I love that shade of Fabel, I have a pair of gloves and a triangular shawl in it. Lovely.