Saturday 18 October 2014

Getting the House Ready

Today has been brilliant weather - blue skies and hot sunshine - a great opportunity to do that painting I talked about here.

I spent about 4 hours there and I was exhausted by the end of it, though I don't seem to have got much done!

I started with lunch and a coffee on the patio...

Patio

Patio 3

...no, not wasting time - a necessary break to give me some energy.  It was so lovely I was tempted to stay out there longer...

Patio 2

That's not my car, by the way - mine is garaged in the barn, out of the heat.

But on with the painting!

First I painted the skirtings in the front room...

Front room 2

Front room

...though I took these pictures before I started!

Then I did a sample paint area in the bathroom.  I was going to paint it yellow but, having found some turquoise accessories in a charity shop in England, I decided to have a go with some paint I already had - in Verdigris Green...

Green verdigris

Not a success, as it was far TOO green.  Back to the yellow, I think!  If you click on this picture you should be able to see the turquoise items on the windowsill.

Bathroom

 I think the yellow will be OK though.

 While I was away, the new stairs were installed...

New stairs

...exciting, isn't it?

Now I can go up and look at what will eventually be the bedroom (or two bedrooms)...

Upstairs, left

Upstairs, right

Lots more to do - I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Lilbitbrit said...

Looks like it will be a lovely place to stay at, but a lot of work for you. Maybe one day I'll get there.

Elizabethd said...

I rather liked the verdigris green!

Babajeza said...

The attic that is going to be the bedroom(s) looks very familiar to me. :-) All the best with your work here. Regula